Every company has a story or two to tell of projects falling by the wayside despite the most honourable intentions. Projects are launched with big hopes and ideals but along the way due to different reasons they get derailed. In this blog, we are examining some of these reasons that you may or may not be aware of.
1. No planning of resources by the management. This is one crucial aspect of project management that is often neglected or downrightly ignored in the initial stages. Resources in project include money, employees, and physical resources. Keeping in mind the facilities needed such as workspace, desks, electronic and digital assets, and production areas is as crucial as budgeting. Is there need for outside vendors and what will they bring to the table? How many people needed for the project? Are they working on other projects? What happens if they are taken away before the end of my project to work on others? Questions and questions.
2. Goals and objectives not defined. Each project is undertaken based on needs and determine goals / objectives. There is a purpose. If any project is conceived without thought process and determining the goals that will be served by any project, then it is directionless and ends up failing. For example, goal could be increasing revenue, improving sales % or improving processes by x% and so on.
3. Project visibility is a key. It’s important that all participants / management / and stakeholders are clued in on the progress and status of the project on a regular /weekly basis. This provides clarity & transparency, and everyone can work accordingly. Visibility includes task status, clear & detailed communication, as well as documentation. A cloud based storage place for all project documents is the best thing any PM can do or onboard ProjecLeo, a premier project management app.
4. Communication silos. Communication is the key to success in any human endeavour, big or small, personal, or professional. Communication between participants or stakeholders / clients is vital ( written and verbal ) and impacts the success. There is no such thing as too much communication when it comes to professional sphere. You may use project management app like ProjecLeo that has chat, group meetings, etc. to ensure constant communication. Everyone needs to be on the same page and Salesforce project management is the remedy for this issue.
5. Unrealistic expectations. A project manager needs to be practical & realistic on schedules, work, and timelines. Setting unrealistic goals is not going to help anyone. It is just going to lead to stress and delays. Once you have aligned your expectations with reality, the same needs to be informed to all stakeholders as they all have a say in the matter. Salesforce project management solutions help project managers.
If you do not want to delay or lose projects of any nature, get in touch with us to know more about the cost effective and dynamic project management software – ProjecLeo. This project management software is making waves in the small and medium businesses with its many features and functionalities.