6 STEPS ON LAUNCHING A WEBSITE
Greeting to all of you! Today we shall look at the step by step guide on what goes into launching a new website. Its an intensive and carefully crafted process with involves magic, artistry and technology coming together to create a truly wonderful website.
The 6 steps on launching a website are:
1. Client engagement - The first step is the process of engagement with the client and its team members. The vendor team should ask many questions so that they are clear on the exact requirements & aesthetics. A quick survey is also a good way to find out the requirements. These steps will help sava a lot of time, energy and money. Some samples of designs can be shown etc at this first stage.
2. Planning - At this stage, the vendor team prepares the road map ahead with important milestones and deadlines. In this stage, the clients are involved in depth. A site map is prepared by the design team which is sent to the client for review and approval. Once it is approved the design team moves onto technologies and making the design wireframes.
3. Content - The content is the soul and the heart of the website. To this effect, a content plan has to be drawn up. The plan increases the visibility and usability of the site as well as increases the web development. Content must be finalised before going onto the visual design stage. The content must be simple, relevant and engaging as well as being informative. The content is king and good content gets eyeballs as well as repeat visitors. The timelines depend on the number of pages and if the client is prompt in providing the content for the website. Delays in content lead to delay in timelines.
4. Design - At the start of the visual design process, a mock site is prepared based on content and wireframe. A landing page and an inner page is created as a sample. It shows the colour, font, layout and navigation elements of the final site. The same is sent to the client for review, feedback and suggestions. Based on client suggestions, the design team modifies the design etc till it meets the client requirements.
5. Development - With the design approval , the site is developed. Pages are designed, content is added or refined, visual media is added, coding, cross-platform and browser testing takes place. This is the important phase where all tech work happens. It should take place smoothly and with testing to ensure there are no glitches or hiccups.
6. Launch - This is the day everyone is waiting for when the site is ready and goes live. Once it is live, keep an eye out for any glitches and feedback which will lead to modifications by the development team.
Creating a website can be a piece of cake however the more dynamic and complex website a business wants to make it, means the involvement of professionals such as Codleo Consulting. With a host of websites for a range of clients, they are the best in the business.