8 TIPS ON BEING A GREATER MARKETER
The best marketing doesn't feel like marketing.”
— Tom Fishburne, Founder & CEO, Marketoonist
For those wishing to enter the exciting and creative industry of marketing, there is a lot more than that is visible to the naked eye. A good marketer has high energy, zest, innovation, and creativity. Marketing careers are plenty and there is always a demand for good people who can give businesses and brands the cutting edge as well stand out in the clutter. Therefore, we are happy to share some tips which can help you in becoming the best in your chosen field.
Please find below some tips on being great marketers:
1. Grab every learning opportunity such as tutorials, courses, webinars, technology, and so on. Learning does not have a full stop. Try to be the most informed.
2. Be yourself. Acknowledge your weaknesses and imperfections. Be gentle on yourself and then the others will as well.
3. Find a company/product that motivates you and fits your requirements from Life & career, and expect to adapt as things change over the years.
4. Be organized and planned. A great way is to make lists as well as wake up early so that you get a head start for the day.
5. Identify a plan for the future of your career, company, or department. Work towards it. Even if your career path veers to another direction, it's fine.
6. Study your company in detail especially the mission statement. Look at its sales cycles and marketing channels. Know about the tools the company has to increase profits and productivity.
7. It’s always good to know about your rival companies and what they are up to. Study the marketing strategies of rivals and what they have done differently to be successful.
8. Set goals for yourself and your team. Then try to achieve them.
Glad! You read all the above 8 points, so here are 2 more add-on tips for you.
9. Market yourself well. Dress well, network in conferences, eat with your colleagues and be charming as well respectful to all.
10. It’s all about the customers and clients. The better you know them, the better you will be at your job. Study your customer base, grab existing data on them, create buyer personas, and interact with the customers.
These are only a few tips from us, there are many more. It’s also about your personality. Not everyone is cut out to be a marketer. Do you have it in you to be the next Piyush Pandey of Indian marketing? For those who don’t know about Mr. Pandey, the Executive Chairman and Creative Director of Ogilvy & Mather India, here is an insight. He is considered to be the leading marketing guru in India with success stories like Fevicol, Asian Paints, and Polio drops campaign and Fevikiwk. We wish those who are seeking a career in marketing all the best and a great career ahead.