COVID19, BUSINESS AND TRANSFORMATION
“The world needs huge positive energy to fight against the negative forces. Go to the center of your inner begin and generate that positive energy for the welfare of humanity.”
― Quote by Author Amit Ray, World Peace: The Voice of a Mountain Bird
Transformation in a person, product or organization is always good and should be seen positively. Some happen because of an inner calling, some because time requires a change and some because it is thrust on them. In this blog, we shall examine how Covid-19 has forced businesses to transform themselves to stay afloat. The pandemic in its most virulent ways has ravaged us all, country, economy, community, business and man.
Here are some ways Covid19 is transforming businesses in India:
1. Many restaurants who earlier only focused on the dine-in segment of the market have now tied up with various delivery platforms such as Swiggy and Zomato to stay afloat. They have changed their business models and now anyone can order from their menus, with a few clicks of buttons.
2. Since restaurants are now focusing on “take away” or “home delivery” option in India, many are dispensing with their waiting staff and managers. There is a change in the human resource element with the employment of delivery guys and cooks while the front face of the eatery slowly diminishing and losing jobs.
3. Hotels to tide over the losses are offering dry cleaning services to the masses. With the leading deluxe hotels using the methods for dry cleaning, it surely is going to gain currency in the market though it will be a niche service due to the price factor. This is surely a unique service necessitated by the Covid19 dire situation forcing a business domain to change its model of revenue generation beyond rooms, spas and dining.
4. Many dry cleaning operators are now offering free pick up and drop option for their customers though takers are few. Plus their style of operation and use of packaging is changing as customers remain scared and vary of most outside stuff.
5. There is a rising demand for family / value size packaging of most FMCG products which means more volumes for lesser price for the family to consume. Whether it is a bottle of shampoo, hand sanitizer, potato chips or salt. “More for less money” is the new mantra driving production and consumption in the market.
6. Companies are hiring specialist agencies who are advising retail stores how to change with the Covid19 times in terms of layout, design, service and the whole ambiance. This is a new service that has been created as a result of a calamity. Thanks to them, retail therapy will be different and life in big stores unique.
7. Freelance artists are holding concerts and show online through various platforms and charging their fans to attend the same. It's not the same as a concert in a stadium but hey we are living in new times.
8. In TV and film production, staff members are reduced with multitasking being the order of the day. Less staff doing the job of different domains to ensure everyone is safe. Now fewer people are on sets of movies, ads, and series.